The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student associations in Europe. It was born on the 16th October 1989 and legally registered in 1990 for supporting and developing student exchange.
We are present in more than 430 Higher Education Institutions from 36 countries. The network is constantly developing and expanding. We have around 12.000 active members that are in many sections supported by "buddies", mainly taking care of international students. Thus, ESN involves around 29.000 young people offering its services to around 160.000 international students every year.
- Offering services to 160.000 students
- 12.000 active members (29.000 with the buddies included)
- Mainly on a volunteer basis
- Average annual growth rate of 12% since 2005
ESN works for the creation of a more mobile and flexible education environment by supporting and developing student exchange at different levels, and providing an intercultural experience also to those students who do not have access to a period abroad ("internationalization at home").
The 2014 ESN International Board:
- President: Stefan Jahnke (ESN Sweden)
- Vice President: Dominique Montagnese (ESN France)
- Treasurer: Jonathan Jelves (ESN Sweden)
- Communication Manager: Robert Klimacki (ESN Poland)
- Web Project Administrator: Salih Obadasi (ESN Turkey)
Read more about ESN International at www.esn.org.